Tuesday, April 28, 2015

2015 Updates

Hey there Saints! I know, long time no posts from me. Well, I'm not going to lie, I went into pout mode after my heat damage episode in December 2013. Even with my blog posts in 2014, my heart just was not in it like I know it should be. I felt if I am going to blog, it has to be all or nothing.  I want my blog posts to be encourgaing and uplifting to the readers. So, with that being said lets get to the update! :o)

As I mentioned, I was battling with heat damage in December 2013. I did not want to big chop so I transitioned out of it by keeping my hair tucked away in a long term protective style. My protective style of choice were crochet braids. This protective style allowed me to have access to my scalp and hair as I transitioned. I kept the crochet braids in for 4-6wks at a time and I made sure to trim my ends before each new installment. It had taken me a year to transition out of the heat damage altogether. I had to be dedicated as well as committed in order to have a successful transition. Believe me when I say I had to stay in prayer for patience through my transition. Many times I wanted to throw in the towel and just big chop but my family as my support system kept me encourage to see it through. So I did! Given that, I'm proud to say that I'm now heat damage free! Click here if you would like to learn more about my protective style.

It is a wonderful feeling to see my full natural texture again. I learned alot through that transition. My hair really flourished through it. I'm realizing that because of what was a heart breaking set back in my hair journey was actually a blessings in disguise. That is how great our God is when it comes to Him answering our prayers. If I had not went through that transition I may not have had the appreciation for my hair as I do today. I hope that my testimony will encourage someone that may be going through trials of their own in thier hair journey or spirtual journey. Do not give up! We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

The month of  February 2015 is when I trimmed off the remaining heat damage and I have been enjoy my natural curly coils since! I have tried some amazing products and I will be sharing my experience reviews of them with you. This is definitely my year of Bloggn' 'Bout It NATURALLY! (Teehee)

I have a new blog layout and I'm ready to jump back into blogging and maybe drop in a video here and there too. Thank you to my subscribers that hung in there with me in my absence. A big welcome to those that are new to my blog. If there is anything you would like me to blog about, please let me know. Also, I am definitely still accpecting prayer requests from anyone who has a need that can only be fulfilled by the Lord our God in Jesus name.

I pray all is well with you all. As always, stay near the cross because you never know who you may meet there.

In Christ's Love,
CBCLady

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in. Feel free to leave a comment.