Tuesday, May 29, 2012

First Henna Treatment


Hello Saints! Sunday night I had applied my very first ayurvedic hair treatment called 'Henna'. This treatment is one of many ayurvedic conditioning treatments that helps strengthen and improve overall health of the hair from roots to ends. Henna also helps premature greying and promotes growth of the hair. It is an all natural way to permenantly color treat the hair including the grey ones without chemicals. That is one of the other reasons I had applied the henna treatment outside of conditioning. I made my mix Saturday evening since it takes 12-24 hours for the dye to release. I applied the henna to my dry pre-oil conditioned hair Sunday evening prior to go going to bed and left it in overnite to let it do its conditioning and color creation. I used 3.5oz of Jamila henna, 1.5 cups of brewed green tea which I had added honey and lemon then mixed in some various oils. I rinsed it out Monday morning with water and conditioner only. No shampoo. There after I did do a moisturizing deep conditioning treatment with heat which is a must since henna can be drying to the hair.

I loved the outcome of my henna treatment! My grey hair hairs have a nice red/orange color to them but still blends in rather nicely. It is said that it take 24-48 hours for the color of the henna to settle in the hair so I should really see where my color is come tomorrow or the day after. My hair is somewhat on the dry side but there are a few things I can do before and after my next henna treatment to help with that. I hoping to add weekly ayurvedic treatments to my regular weekly hair care routine as I conitue on into my 2nd year of  a healthy hair care journey.
As I go into my second year I am looking forward to continual health in my scalp and Lord willing some amazing but realistic growth. I would like to reach shoulder blade length but I have not set a time frame as to when I would like to achieve that length. I plan to just take the very best care of my hair and let it grow as it pleases. I am not going to stress my self into thinking I can take a magic supplement or apply a cream overnite then wake up at my goal. It will take time, determination, motivation and patience. I will rely on my Lord and Savior for all of the above to keep me from obsessing about growth. I want to have fun within my journey not burdened.
I pray all is well with everyone this day and every day. As always, stay near the cross. You never know who you may meet there. Be blessed Saints! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in. Feel free to leave a comment.