Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 14: 21 Day Hair Fast

Hello Saints! I pray all is well with everyone this day. I meant to make a post to wish all the mother's a happy Mother's Day but I was too busy taking advantage of this one of kind holiday just for us mothers.

Well, it has been 14 consecutive days since I have not used shampoo, hot tools and styling products. I have to say that I actually do not miss them. It did cross my mind to use gel to lay down my baby hair in the front then I remembered I am on a hair fast. That was about it and I was not bothered by it in the least. I'm going strong though! I have done the GHE (green house effect) every day faithfully. I did a dusting of my ends on Tuesday of last week. My ends are a true mess. I fried them prior to starting my hair fast because I neglected to check the temperature on my flat iron. It is all good though because I have decided to cut my hair.

My edges, by God's grace, have grown out wonderfully and I am confident to finally cut my hair into a bob. On Thursday, May 24th, 2012 I have an appointment for a wash and CUT. If I was not on a hair fast, I would have it done this week but I can wait one more week. My plan is to do a heavy protein treatment the day before my texlax. I will be using Aphogee 2 Step next Wednesday in preparation and I will apply my texlax myself on Thursday the day I have scheduled to get my hair cut. I am really pumped to get my hair cut. By no means do I look at cutting my hair as a set back. It is a great ending to a wonderful start. I have been on and off about cutting my hair since starting my hair care journey in August 2011. I have some great products that I have and will be adding to my daily, weekly and monthly hair care needs. I will be sharing those products soon so be on the look out. :o}

May 14, 2012
Today I did a cowash using my Alba Drink It Up Coconut conditioner. I t-shirt dried for about 5 minutes then applied Vadtika Herbal Infused Coconut Oil and then shea butter from roots to tip. I had some appointments and errands to do today so I wore my draw string ponytail just so I could look cute today (teehee). I'm about to head to bed so I will be applying my aloe vera juice mix, the herbal infused coconut oil and shea butter, cover with a plastic cap, pray and call it a night. That has pretty much been my nightly routine since the beginning of my hair fast. I have seen some amazing results with my hair during this fast. Although there was not too much to help with my fried ends other than a snip, my hair fast has still kept my ends fairly moisturized and managable. As I have shared, I will be cutting my hair but I will baby my ends to get me though the next 7 days to prevent breakage.

I pray all is well with everyone this day. Continue to seek first the kingom of heaven and remember to stay near the cross. You never know who you may meet there. Be blessed Saints! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in. Feel free to leave a comment.