Wednesday, February 13, 2013

TRANSITIONING! It's Official

Hello Saints! You read the title right. I have decided to officially transition to natural.  It was not a difficult decision considering I had stopped relaxing my hair a year ago and began to texlax (texturize).  I have texlaxed twice with my last (2nd) touch up being four months ago. 

It began when I started stretching  my relaxer touch up then went from there.  The longer I stretched the more I loved seeing my natural textured new growth. I flat iron my hair a week ago and really missed my full, fluffy hair.  That moment is when I said "No more chemically altering my natural texture." I also realized above all I need to be an example to my girls about loving their own natural textured hair.

So, here I am now transitioning to full natural. Well other than a color rinse to cover my....eh em...."wisdom".  I'm so loving my soft puffy texture.  I never thought I would see the day that I would stop chemically treating my natural texture.  I am beyond excited about my decision to carry on growing out my natural texture. 

As I mentioned I need to be an example for my two daughters.  My teenager has been transitioning for just about two  years and just did a mini chop to her ends in January.  She has beautiful curls and has truly learned, with a little frustration along the way and mom's assistance on the side, to care for her hair through her personal transition to natural.  Then I have a six year who is all natural and always have been.  I cannot ever bring myself to apply ANY chemicals to my little lady's hair.  I consistently encourage her to love her coils and have fun with her texture when she wears a big beautiful afro.  Giving that, I cannot see how encouraging I can continue to be to my girls with me STILL apply chemicals to my hair.  My hope is that as they get older they will continue to on loving and appreciating their natural coils.  As with everything though, it starts at home. 

I did a mini chop May 2012, so there's no other 'chop' in the works.  I have about 2-4" of relaxed/texlaxed ends that I plan on trimming as time goes. I feel my transition will not take too long however I do need to continue pampering my processed ends as I as journey to natural textured hair. I have all the products and tools I need to continue on my transition. I will keep you all posted on my transitioning journey continues.

I pray all is well with everyone this day and every day.  Please feel free to let me know if there's anything I can pray with you about.  As always, stay near the cross because you never know who you may meet there. Be blessed! :o)

In Christs Love,

CBCLady :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in. Feel free to leave a comment.