Saturday, June 23, 2012

Ayurvedic Friday: Henna Treatment

Hello Saints! I did my second Jamila henna treatment today! However... I did not leave it overnite since I wanted more conditioning then color. I also used coconut milk instead of tea or water.

Side Note: The quanity of henna mix I made is according to the current length of my hair which is ear lenth. As my hair grows the amounts of my ingredients used will increase based on my length

Here are my ingredients:
  • 2tbsp Jamila henna
  • coconut milk
  • 1tbsp Wild Growth oil mix (I had added other oils to it a while back)
  • 1tsp Navratna Oil Lite (more for the scent then the benefits)
  • 2tsp honey
  • 2tsp Maka powder
After mixing, I covered the mix and let it sit for about 3 hours then applied to my dry prepoo'd hair. I covered my hair with a plastic cap and left it in for 4 hours then cowashed it out using Jason Aloe Vera 84% Conditioner. There after I did a moisturizing deep conditioning treatment using Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner with heat for 30 minutes. Cowashed that out as well using Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner (you know I had to put moisture back in). After all said and done...drum roll.... IT WAS THE BEST TREATMENT EVER!!. I actually still did get some color but still yet my hair feels sooooo amazingly soft and strong. I love it! I'm going to do this again next Friday (my designanted Ayurvedic treatment day)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in. Feel free to leave a comment.