Sunday, April 14, 2013

Protecting the Fruit of My Labor

Hello Saints! I am still faithfully on my transition to natural hair. All is going well. I am getting better at coming up with styles to help blend the two textures and minimize manipulation to prevent breakage. Finding different styles for my transitioning hair is probably the most difficult part of my transition. On days that I do not know what to do with my hair I put on a half wig or drawstring ponytail. 

This photo is my latest transitioning style. This is a flat two-strand twist  style I have been wearing this week. It is quick and very easy for me to do. I have not always known how to do flat two-strand twists until recently.  When you ask the Lord for help, He will always respond according to His will and plan. :o)

For this style I did on freshly washed and deep conditioned hair. My leave-ins are Shea Moisture Yucca & Baobab Volumizing Conditioner and GVP The Conditioner then sealed with jojoba oil. The styler I used was Beautiful Textures Curl Defining Mousse and Eco Styler Argan Oil Styling Gel for my edges. I made a side part and did flat two-strand twists on the left and then on the right. The twist meet in the middle of my nape wear I twist the ends and tucked them away then secure with a small hair comb. That's it! It's too cute. It can go with anything I put on too therefore it's versatile. 

Did I mention it's a great protective style?! Ends are tucked and I can keep my hair in this style until my next wash day. At night I take the little comb out then spritz with Shea Moisture Volumizing Moisture Mist, One N' Only Argan Oil Spray Treatment and put my scarf on for the night. In the morning, I take the scarf off, twist the ends in the back, tuck them away and secure with the little hair comb. I'll be doing this off and on for a while until I come up with something else. :o)

I pray all is well with everyone this day and every day. As always, stay near the cross because you never know who you may meet there. Be blessed Saints! :o)

In Christ's love,
CBCLady

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping in. Feel free to leave a comment.