Thursday, January 31, 2013

New Formula: S-Curl No Drip


Hello Saints! I was in need of my staple moisturizer S-Curl No Drip and found out that Luster's has changed the ingredients. I was kind of concerned because I did not know if the change was for the better or the worse. The new formula is now paraben free which is good. However they have added DMDM Hydantoin (formaldehyde preservative) in it's place. The new fragrance is wonderful. Definitely will take the new smell. The other new ingredients are Argan oil and Olive oil. Those are some great oils for hair care so thumbs up on those as well.

I have been using the new S-Curl formula for the past three days and so far so good. I can feel the oil in my hair for sure. I have thin hair so too much oil can cause my hair to feel weighed down. Giving that, I'm hoping that will not happen with using the new formula. Also, I do not want to have build up from the newly added oils. This is only day three of using it, so down the line I will know better how well it works in my hair.

As of now if I had to choose between the new and the original formula, I would pick the original. I'm all for change but if it's not broke why try to fix it, right? Next week I plan on going to the beauty store and purchase the 16oz bottle they still had in the original formula. As a matter of fact I'm going to pick up 2 bottles! (yea it's that serious)

That's it for now. I pray all is well with everyone this day and every day. As always, stay near the cross. You never know who you may meet there. Be blessed! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in. Feel free to leave a comment.