Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Ear Length = HIGH MAINTENANCE!

So this Sunday will be a month since I cut my grazing shoulder length hair to ear length. Let me tell you, this is a high mantenance length for me! I am doing all I can to keep from using heat on my hair. My first week I was a mess. I was in tears trying to figure out what to do with my hair. I work out 5+ days a week so I cowash my hair every other day. It is a must since I sweat like rain drops. It has been almost 4 months since I texlaxed my hair, so that is an added trial to the situation (yes, it's a situation to me). What did I do? I did the best thing I know to do....I PRAYED! 

I asked the Lord to please help guide me in caring for my hair. Even at the length I am at now I can still cause damage and an acutal set back. My hair cut is not a set back at all. I wanted to even it up now that I have a better understanding as to how to care for my hair. I seeked the throne of God so I would not mess up what has taken almost a year to get right. I am finally on the path with a healthy scalp and now more evened ends. It has been a blessing to reach 4 months of stretching my texlax and there is no way I want to throw all that out the window by adding constant heat to my hair.

Praise be to Jesus, the Lord answered. I use flexi rods! It is super cute, easy and I do not have to use heat. It will last me about 2 days or at least until my next wash day. It has saved me from my frustration and from using heat. I give all the thanks to my Lord and Savior.

So, here are the steps I make to do a flexi rod set to my ear length hair. I use a total of 8-10 flexi rods:  
  1. Cowash using Alba Drink It Up Coconut conditioner and Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner
  2. Rinse with cool water
  3. T-shirt dry for 3-5 minutes
  4. Apply the following in order: spray on aloe vera mix, Kinky Curly Knot Today, jojoba oil, Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango moisturizer
  5. Oil my scalp with Liquid Gold Growth Aid with sulfur
  6. Section my hair and apply Lotta Body with added aloe vera juice
  7. Roll my hair into flexi rod
  8. Once all the flexi rods are in, I cover with my satin wrap and call it a night. 
I do all this prior to going to bed. In the morning my hair has dried so I take the flexi rods out and gently finger pick. My hair is soft, moisturized and ready to go. It's a great low manipulation style and it lasts through out the day. Thank you Jesus!

Some people may think it is vain to pray for help with my hair but I pray to the Lord for EVERYTHING. If I do not know about how to do something or need guidance in making proper decisions, I am going to go to the Lord. He is always there to help through me whatever I am going through. That includes a bad hair day. :o)

I pray all is well with everyone this day and every day. As always, stay near the cross. You never know who you might meet there. Be blessed! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in. Feel free to leave a comment.