Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 21: 21 Day Hair Fast

Hello Saints! Well I did! I made it through a complete 21 days of zero hair heat styling appliances and styling gels or products. That's the first time I ever did some thing like this. I loved every bit of it. I feel my hair has gotten stronger. My newgrowth wasn't so difficult to amanage giving that I'm three (3) months post texlax. The hair fast gave my hair a nice break from all heat, the additives and various ingredients that are not always beneficial to our hair. You know how they can cause build up or strip the hair. I'm thankful I now have incorporated more hair products with natural ingredients so now I do not have too many concerns about the products that I put in my hair. Well now on to the next!

What's next CBCLady?
Well after today I will begin preparing my hair for my texlax that I will be applying myself this Saturday. Tomorrow I will do a heavy protein treatment using Aphoogee 2 Step Protein Treatment and then a good deep conditing using Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Nurturing Creme. The deep conditioner is a new sample that I'm trying for the first time so we will see how it goes. I am still on the look out for great deep condition without having to go to the produce section at the supermarket so I can whip it up myself in the kitchen. All though that doesn't sound bad but time is minimal for me with having 4 children from toddlers to teen.

Next I plan to get my hair cut on Thursday before I texlax. Some would say to wait after I get my hair cut but I don't want to. Simply put (LOL). Really looking forward to getting my hair cut. It is going to be a fresh start as I continue on with my health hair care excursion. I have learned so much about caring far my hair as well as my family's hair as a whole. I thank my God in heaven for all that He has done for me throughout this excursion. There has been some tough and frustrating times but the Lord has always come through to give me peace and understanding to help caring me on. I will make sure to post some pictures of my new hair cut and share what I have planned to get some length back.

I pray all is well with everyone this day and every day. Remember to stay near the cross. You never know who you may meet there. Be blessed Saints! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in. Feel free to leave a comment.